Simple Guide to Find Your Dream Job
We live in a competitive world, filled with child prodigies and much older individuals who are experts in their fields. This can be quite intimidating to any individual in their twenties or thirties, who are filled with doubt about the future of their career paths. Many individuals find that their jobs are burdensome and non-fulfilling, even when they get paid a handsome amount. This is a clear sign that they need to step out of their shell and find the right job, rather than let the job choose them. If you are one such individual, here are a few tips that may help you on your quest to find your dream job.
- Think about what excites you – Your dream job will obviously involve doing what you love, and doing what you can do best. Do you love meeting new people? Do you have a knack for getting people to listen to what you have to say? Then you’re probably a born salesman. Or perhaps you love digital art, illustrations, and graphic design – you’re a born creative director. Maybe you love to travel, and jot down your experiences – voila, you’re a travel writer! The possibilities are endless but it depends on what you love to do, and what you can do to the best of your abilities.
- Ask for advice – When you’re trying to find the perfect field, ask your friends and family members about their experiences. You could also find support groups online for a field of your choice and talk to those individuals about how they set up their business or joined a company they admired. You can ask freelancers how they organize their time and finances to get by successfully. Whatever information you need – it’s out there and most people are willing to give it to you.
- Research – The internet is full of wonderful resources. This is the easiest tool to find your dream job. You can follow photographers, authors, SEO specialists, digital nomads, doctors, teachers, and artists. Find the best professionals in your field of interest and follow them. Read up on articles and websites that are relevant to the field you are interested in. How much money can you make in this field? How can you progress in this field? Do you need more skills? If yes, then can you learn these skills online or do you need to enrol in a university for a program? You have to know the A to Z’s of the path you are choosing for your career. This may seem like a daunting task but it certainly pays off in the future. Read as much as you can about your field of interest, even on forums. A wonderful place to find opportunities and inspiration is LinkedIn. You can also follow mentors and ask them for tips. This will also add value to your research.
- Improve your skills – It is important to stay updated at all times. In a fast-paced world, you have to ensure that you can keep up with the requirements of a job whether it is in a creative field, a corporate field, an NGO, or anything else for that matter. It is always good to be on top of things and keep yourself informed and upgraded.
- Build a good portfolio – Make an online portfolio (E-Resume is preferred) and build a powerful resume. Add meaningful projects to your resume and keep adding to this as you walk down the path to finding your dream job.
Once you have figured out what you love to do, what you need to do to be a part of such a field, and how to improve your abilities, you are much closer to finding your dream job. While caution is always advised, do not leave room for negativity. Don’t rush yourself into something too soon but if you do, make sure you enjoy the experience and learn from it. At the end of the day, you have to work smart and trust your gut feeling. The more you improve your knowledge of the possibilities that stand before you, the closer you are to your dream job. How this guide will help you to find your dream job.